- Private car with English-speaking driver
- Ancient capital of Sri-Lanka - Anuradhapura
- Sigiriya Rock, Jeep Safari, Dambulla Cave Temple
- Kandy, Buddha Tooth Temple, Elephant Orphanage
+84 778979644 (Whatsapp, Viber)
Tour type: private
Route: Anuradhapura - Sigiriya - Safari – Kandy
Day 1 – Anuradhapura
Anuradhapura was the capital of Sri-Lanka since V century BC until it was destroyed in XI century, which makes Anuradhapura the longest existed capital on Earth.
7:00 AM - Pick up from your hotel or the airport and start the tour to Anuraphapura
12:00 AM - Arrival to Anuradhapura, lunch
Highlights you will visit in Anuradhapura:
- Anuradhapura Museum where we can see many things discovered during the excavation, including jewellery, gems, sculptures and ceramics.
- Abayagiriya Stupa, Ranweli Stupa, Jetawana Stupa (the biggest brick monument ever made), Thuparama Stupa (the oldest buddhist building in Sri-Lanka)
- Sacred 2300 year-old Bo Tree, the oldest known tree on Earth
- Samadhi Buddha Statue - the only survived complete Buddha statue which is considered to be an unachievable example of perfect sculpture art, because the statue shows the perfect state of Buddha's mind free of any addictions and emotions.
- Moonstone - ancient stone, used to decorate the entrance to the Temple and and the same time describing the whole Philosophy of Buddhism.
- Artificial lakes, which are part of the oldest functioning irrigation system in the world
17:00 – 18:00 PM Have dinner and drive to a hotel in Dambulla.
* Entrance fee to Anuradhapura City - $25/pax
Day 2: - Jeep Safari
Jeep safari in the National park Minneriya ($50/pax)
Here we will go through the mud and jungles by jeep, See hundreds of elephants. And you have chances to see lots of other animals, including peacocks, crocodiles, giant squirrels, porcupines, monkeys, birds, lizards, deer, buffalos, snakes and even jaguar
Day 3: – Sigiriya Rock
“Lion Rock” Sigirya – UNESCO site
7:00AM Tours start.
- Climb the Sigiriya Rock (Entrance ticket - $30)
- Visit Royal ponds, gardens and fountains which are still functioning after 1500 years without any maintenance.
- Visit Sigiriya Museum
What else you can do while in Sigiriya:
- Ride an elephant - $25
- Village tour. Ride a cow, boat and tuk-tuk to get to the wild village and go deep inside the village life - $35
- Try authentic herbal Ayurveda Massage. Shirodara - meditative oil massage - $35
- Participate the bird-watching with professional ornithologist - $45
- Wood and paint factory, where we can see natural paints made from herbs according to ancient sri-lankan recipes.
After finishing tour around Sigiriya we have lunch and head to the last Royal Capital of Sri Lanka – Kandy.
On the way we will see:
- Dambulla Golden Temple
- Aluvihara Cave Temple – the place where Tripitaka was written.
- Matale Ayurvedic Garden
- Hindu Temple
- National Dance Show
Have dinner and stay overnight at a hotel in Kandy
Day 4 – Kandy
7:00 AM – Start the tour to Kandy
Highlights to visit in Kandy:
- Sacred Buddha Tooth Temple
- Buddha Tooth Museum
- Bahiravakande Monastery, Buddha Statue on the Hill and The Observation Point
- Gem Museum
- Peradeniya Botanical Garden 700 year-old Royal Garden, one of the biggest in the world. Here we can find many trees planted by famous people including kings, presidents, writers, and astronauts.
- Picturesque Tea Plantations
- Tea Factory
- Traditional agricultural villages, such as Rambutan Village, Pineapple Village, Leather Village and Keshyu Village (passing on the way)
- Elephant Dung Paper Factory and Elephant Museum
What else you can do while visiting Kandy:
- Participate tea ceremony and do the degustation of more than 10 varieties of tea ($15)
- Visit batik factory where you can try traditional dresses including kandian saree (the only saree in the world which is different from indian saree)
Come back to the hotel
When: Any time